[coreboot] Unable to start correctly coreboot on Asus f2a85-m REV 1.02

David Hubbard david.c.hubbard+coreboot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 00:14:21 CET 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:39 PM, HacKurx <hackurx at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Scott wrote:
> >
> > The cupid is not found because trinity support is included but
> > richland support is needed. I do not know if forcing the trinity
> > code to run on richland will work, but you could try it. One way
> > to try it is to change the == to != on line 255 of file
> > vendorcode/amd/agesa/f15tn/Proc/CPU/cpuFamilyTranslation.c.
>
> Thank you very much, it is more verbose:
> http://pastebin.com/Nszbv9p1
>
> What do you think from this?

This is significant progress. It is trying to initialize the memory
controller. Several people (myself included) have had problems in the past
getting DDR3 memory to work, so we might be able to help you.

Please check that the memory voltage in your .config matches your memory.
Choices are 1.5V or 1.65V.

Can you also reply with all the details for your memory?

Please try removing all but 1 stick and put that one in the A1 slot. (See
the motherboard manual for the slot numbering.) If that doesn't work you
can try the other slots, but you will want to get 1 stick working before
trying dual-channel etc.

With just 1 stick in the A1 slot, please post a pastebin of the console
output.

If you have access to any other DDR3 RAM, especially if it is rated for a
lower speed than your current RAM, you may want to try that also.

Regards,
David