[coreboot] Lenovo Thinkpad T61

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 22:10:00 CET 2014

On 31.01.2014 20:30, ron minnich wrote:
> If you want a laptop to tear into and learn from, the old samsung x86
> chromebook is hard to beat. ram and disk are standard and upgradable,
> you can put a clip on the flash part, ...
Lenovo X201 and X230 both have those characteristics as well. Unlike
chromebooks it doesn't come with a nice firmware preinstalled though.
But I have to admit that compared to other vendors (especially the one
called "To be filled by O.E.M."), lenovo's BIOS and EFI are good.
> it's just a very hackable
> machine. I still have one and really like it.
>
> More recent ones to mess around with include the acer c720.
>
> The difficulty of dealing with chipsets is what keeps me pushing on
> chromebooks. It's a real time saver. I'd still like to find an AMD
> solution however.

I'm thinking of lenovo x140e. Not available in Europe though.