[coreboot] Request for Intel Haswell info

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 09:11:14 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Paul Wilcox-Baker <wilcoxbaker at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear coreboot,
>
> We are interested in coreboot for the Intel Haswell processors.
> coreboot appears to be used in the Acer C720 and HP Chromebooks
> that use Haswell processors.  I see no reference to this processor,
> or to these products in the source code that I downloaded recently.

Are you sure? 'git grep haswell' turns up 160 references as of 931c1d.

There is also no reference to these products in the "products

http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards#Laptops

> We are developing hardware using the Haswell processor and 82C226
> PCH part.  How do we port coreboot to these devices?  As Acer and HP
> have done it, it's obviously possible.

Start by grepping for NORTHBRIDGE_INTEL_HASWELL in the source tree.

Note: The following URL has a codename <--> marketing name decoder for
Chromebooks:
http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-information-for-chrome-os-devices

Any advice gratefully received!