[coreboot] microcode updates

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 18:34:59 CEST 2014

Hello!
No I haven't. But I've known about the Intel Microcode update idea for
about fifteen years. Turns out that the Linux Kernel 2.4.33.2 of
course has it, and described the update process. The two responsible
for that method have been out of business so to speak for a while now.

But according to that site its still being done. Interesting. I do
also know its volatile, in that if the computer gets shutdown and
thence turned off, the feature would need to be flashed back onto its
CPU and so forth.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com