[coreboot] Intel FSP on Bayley Bay CRB: No output

Gerald Otter gerald.otter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 10:11:32 CEST 2014

This was indeed the problem.
I have a soc with B0 stepping, so I needed to load a different microcode than the one referred to in the code, but other than that it works fine.
I’m getting a lot of output, and it seems it goes through the different FSP stages without a hitch.

Just for my own understanding; is it common for microcode loading to be required as part of the booting process, as opposed to being optional updates?

Thanks a lot for the help everyone,

Gerald