[coreboot] Intel FSP on Bayley Bay CRB: No output

Martin Roth martin.roth at se-eng.com
Thu Jun 5 21:30:35 CEST 2014

No - Coreboot knows exactly what is being run, both revision and SKU.
This was a decision about what silicon should be supported by the
coreboot code. The earlier silicon revisions had issues which will may
at times cause failures unrelated to coreboot.  Because of this, the
decision was made that only B2/B3 silicon was going to be supported by
the coreboot release.  I'm working with Intel now and we're re-visiting
that decision.

Currently coreboot doesn't do anything with the microcode more than
providing the FSP with a pointer and length.  We could certainly add
code to coreboot to parse through all of the headers at runtime and
verify that there's a valid microcode patch included, but the FSP is
supposed to do that already.  I think that code just needs to be enhanced.

Martin