[coreboot] setting smbios values from the OS

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Fri Jun 20 22:08:23 CEST 2014

Am 20.06.2014 22:01, schrieb Rafael Vanoni:
> Take serial number, for example. I'd like each different system that I
> build to have its own serial number, and building coreboot for every
> serial number doesn't scale.
We have an .id section just below the 16bit entry point - that can
(easily) be extended to host more fields, and our smbios table generator
could fetch a number from there, overriding a compile time default.

To start, see src/arch/x86/lib/id.inc. It's really two tables: one
containing the offsets, one containing the data (strings are 0-terminated).
Both tables need to be prepended with new fields, since we're in a
top-aligned world here.

Patches accepted :-)

Patrick