[coreboot] Intel FSP on Bayley Bay CRB: No output

Giri girim77 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 01:37:22 CEST 2014

Regarding below two items

1) The microcode that is being included is not a part of coreboot, so it
needs to be disabled for the default build so that abuild doesn't fail.
Intel wants to release the microcode as part of the FSP package and not
include it in the coreboot repo so that the microcode vs FSP versions can be
matched up.

Microcode is not part of FSP but just consumes the pointer and length.
Microcode and FSP versions doesn't need to match but the microcode needs to
match the CPU on that platform.

2) The microcode that's included for the intel FSP is for B2/B3 silicon, but
it seems like many users are still using B0 silicon, which requires a
different microcode patch.  This shouldn't be a problem but since there are
4 SKUs of Bay Trail and using the microcode for the wrong SKU will *APPEAR*
to work, but cause issues later, the microcode can cause massive amounts of
confusion.

Please check if the microcode is loaded by reading MSR 0x8B

-Giri