[coreboot] I've turned on paging as a test

David Hubbard david.c.hubbard+coreboot at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 17:49:50 CET 2014

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 08:03:04 AM ron minnich wrote:

> > On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 6:33 AM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> > > Do we want ACPI?
> >
> > We've had it for years. Do we want UEFI runtime services? They're
> required
> > for ARM V8 ;-(
> >
> Are you telling me something like linux will have to rely on said runtime
> services, or are those only required in order for your firmware to be
> certified?
>
> There goes the elegance of ARM down Crapper's hole.

I'd like to second Alex's concern on this. If ARM V8 hardware is designed
so that there really is no alternative to UEFI runtime services -- I'm
confident the hardware can work without UEFI -- but if I'm wrong and UEFI
is a requirement, please drop ARM V8 in preference to forcing UEFI runtime
services into coreboot.

David