[coreboot] Building a Thinkpad X230 coreboot image

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 13:06:53 CET 2014

On 17.03.2014 17:08, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> Hello Vlad!
>
> First of all, thank you very much for porting Coreboot to the X230.
>
> I'm following your instructions [1] to build a coreboot image from head,
> but I'm not sure how to configure things in menuconfig. Would you mind
> sharing your .config file and a prebuilt, known-good rom file?

Look at board-status repository. I will not share any "known-good" one
as you need external flasher anyway. Sharing a binary would just
encourage people to attempt stupid things like writing it with partially
locked flash.
> Also, while I'm waiting for the SOIC test clip to ship: do you know if
> anyone is working on getting flashrom to work with the X230?

flashrom with layout patches works once flash is unlocked. But the only
way to unlock flash is to flash coreboot or slightly modified vendor
firmware. Either requires external flash.