[coreboot] Changes to the coreboot Project Structure

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 00:51:50 CET 2014

ah, blush, somebody wants me to be dictator.

However, I can't do it. First off, if you're not going to let me invade
some country, it's no fun. Secondly, it's hard to find Dictator clothes
that look good on me. Just won't work.

Thirdly, Stefan has been doing this very well for at least 7 years, and he
even held coreboot together in the Dark Days when all seemed lost.

Just my $.02 here: Google saved coreboot. We lost our biggest industrial
sponsor when LNXI folded, and it was a real problem keeping it going. And
without a commercial entity, and its mass, we're nowhere. Want to know why
Intel is hiring coreboot people? Go look at the Amazon stats on laptops.
There's your answer.

So I have a very natural fondness for the commercial sector. LNXI kept us
on the map for a while, and now Google does. And, in fact, Google put
coreboot over the top, which was quite a gamble on Google's part and
entirely due to the vision of the ChromeOS team.

But don't worry, I'm going to continue my role as Aging Curmudgeon, so I
will be ever-present and ever-annoying as always.

But, seriously, I do appreciate the kind words.

ron