[coreboot] [announce] coreboot for the 21st century

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Tue Mar 25 04:28:05 CET 2014

* Kyösti Mälkki <kyosti.malkki at gmail.com> [140322 18:44]:
> Some changes to review process are certainly welcome. I just hope
> Stefan would have included separate section of the current problems
> and more details of the goals his proposal tries to address. Even
> some of the obvious ones are not answered. For example, are there
> actual plans to bring coreboot trees from coreboot.org and Chromium
> back in-sync?

Kyösti,

thanks a lot for your input. I will try to provide examples in the
future.

To answer your question, yes, there are very concrete plans of syncing
up the coreboot.org and Chromium coreboot trees happening right now.
This is where part of this is coming from, and I am working on both
sides of the story to resolve this.

I am also working on getting Google's internal upstreaming process for
coreboot straightened out and making the resources available so that
upstreaming happens more timely in the future, and rebasing the chromium
tree more against a current upstream version more often. To throw some
unconfirmed numbers in here, the current chromium tree is based off of
a late 2012 upstream tree (though we have pulled a lot of patches in
both directions since then). The ideal would be to move the chromium
tree to a new coreboot upstream in an interval of something like 3-6
months.

Stefan