[coreboot] A new, modern coreboot long-term support laptop (was: Expectations, project direction and interest of contributors)

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Tue Mar 25 19:51:33 CET 2014

* mrnuke <mr.nuke.me at gmail.com> [140325 08:37]:

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos%2Fthird_party%2Fcoreboot

> Did I mention the manufacturer (the one whose name was on the box) explicitly
> responded to my request for source code with "we don't give that away"?

I have no idea who you were talking to, or whose name is on that box but
I don't understand why you use your uninformed complaints to point
fingers at the corporate sponsored members of this community.

Yeah, there's a lot of information available here: http://goo.gl/xWZXsO

> Exynos still has that annoyng BL0 blob, does it not? It's either a trade-off
> or a trade-off. Damn!

Which is why this whole whining around is useless unless it results in
action.

Stefan