[coreboot] PIC instead of APIC mode for KolibriOS

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 7 00:42:32 CEST 2014

Am Dienstag, den 06.05.2014, 00:18 -0500 schrieb Scott Duplichan:
> Paul Menzel wrote:

> ]I try to get KolibriOS running on the ASRock E350M1 with coreboot and
> ]SeaBIOS payload. Keyboard and mouse do not work [1] probably because
> ]KolibriOS needs PIC mode.
> ]
> ]Was somebody successful in getting KolibriOS working on a board with
> ]coreboot?
> ]
> ]Is there an easy way to use PIC instead of APIC mode with coreboot and
> ]SeaBIOS or is APIC mode assumed everywhere?

[…]

> ][1] http://bugs.kolibrios.org/view.php?id=84
>
> The PS/2 keyboard mostly works with KolibriOS on my Asrock
> E350M1 with coreboot+SeaBIOS. Out of about 10 tests, it did
> fail once. In that case the SeaBIOS debug messages showed
> that SeaBIOS did not detect the PS/2 keyboard.
>
> I don't know why the USB mouse doesn't work. It works with
> the OEM BIOS, but not coreboot+SeaBIOS.

Do you have a picture the KolibriOS kernel messages? You can enable them
in the KolibriOS kernel menu with the key `c` and then choose Yes/On.

> If you want to see my build options (and rom image+boot log),
> it is here:
> http://notabs.org/coreboot/e350m1-kolibri.7z

Thanks a lot for providing this archive. Unfortunately the PS/2 mouse
still does not work with your coreboot + SeaBIOS image in the archive.

Which KolibriOS version do you use? Did you build it yourself or do you
use the distributed binaries? I use the image from May 1st.

> I switched the SATA to IDE mode only to work around an
> AMD simnow problem. One line is added to agesa to work
> around another simnow problem. Other changes are hacks
> to get SeaBIOS to build from Windows. Building SeaBIOS
> from Windows is truly a painful experience. When I modify
> the makefile to work around a couple of problems with
> the Windows build environment, git gets upset.

Interesting. Did you report that to the SeaBIOS developers?

Thanks,

Paul