[coreboot] PIC instead of APIC mode for KolibriOS - mouse fix

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed May 7 22:55:09 CEST 2014

Thanks, that's a great explanation. Generally, we've tried to avoid
too much hardware setup in coreboot; that's the job of the kernel. I'm
not really happy that we're doing all this PIC setup for one OS,
written in assembly. It's been quite some time since I've had to use
PIC mode at all.

Why can't the Kolibrios just use modern standards? And why all this
effort for an OS written in assembly anyway?

Unix v6 kernels were the same size as Kolibrios. They were written in
C. That was 40 years ago. It's bizarre, to say the least, to be
booting a kernel written in assembly from firmware written in C.

Hence, I find it hard to believe that we want this patch. But I'm
wrong a lot, so if I am here too, just let me know.

ron