[coreboot] Any plans to fix payload builds on 64-bit machines?

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Thu May 22 08:15:51 CEST 2014

Am 22.05.2014 05:36, schrieb Sean McNeil:
> and everything builds fine. So please confirm that CONFIG_ANY_TOOLCHAIN
> is deprecated and to be removed. If there are no plans to support it, in
> my opinion it should not be provided as a choice.
It's not that there aren't plans to support it (I think Google needs
it), but it's certainly of secondary concern to us.
We certainly prefer people to use "our" compiler since that allows us to
reproduce issues more easily.

That said I think the (ad-hoc) patch I sent a couple of hours ago should
fix things for seabios with your host compiler. Other payloads can be
adapted similarily.

As a result, ANY_TOOLCHAIN will stay and you're free to use it if you
prefer, but expect the occasional issue arising that you'll have to work
on yourself. Patches accepted :-)

Patrick