[coreboot] booting vxworks from linux BIOS

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu May 22 15:31:27 CEST 2014

Stojsavljevic, Zoran wrote:
> There is possibility (my best guess) to use VxWorks as coreboot’s
> payload, instead seabios
..
> I can also investigate about booting VxWorks, if required

It would be helpful to know how tightly the VxWorks kernel is tied to
legacy runtime services from x86 BIOS and/or UEFI.

If the VxWorks kernel is an ELF binary or similar simple binary
format without very strong ties to legacy runtime services then
it would most likely be straightforward to use a VxWorks kernel
as payload with coreboot.

//Peter