[coreboot] AMD A76M chipset?

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Tue May 27 13:42:46 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I'm CCing Bruce, maybe he knows.

According to random googled page:

>The A76M FCH is an upgraded A70M FCH, or better yet A76M = Bolton M3 and A70M =
Hudson M3.

>Does anyone know if there are public docs for the A76M (possibly under
>another name), and how feasible it is to drive it with current public
>(or to-be-released) AGESA?

Anyway, how it looks with AMD/AGESA story?

I think bolton should be very similar to Hudson, and googling for A88X its
revision number starts at 16h (the hudson had 11-14h)

There is a good chance that Bolton will somewhat work with current hudson I
think - even PCI IDs match.

Maybe we can try first to support some FM2+ board with bolton and see how it
goes. I'm all for that considering the effort I put into the FCH/Trinity AGESA
it would be a shame if it is wasted just with a single board ;)

Possible candidates:
Looks quite new (seems released this year)

ASUS A88X-PLUS  (Lunched 09/11/2013)
ASUS A88X-PRO (Lunched in January?)
A88XM-A (Lunched 07/29/2013)

Most promising:
ASUS A78M-E - AMD A78 (very new, microITX, cheap, ITE sio)

Very similar:
ASUS A78M-A (but more dimm slots, supported SIO, launched February?)

Is here someone who wants to work on this perhaps together with me? (of course
donations welcome ;) I will buy some / work on that only if someone else buys it
too.

Thanks
Rudolf