[coreboot] IMB-A180 Real Time Clock is 20-30% slow (coreboot only, not original AMI BIOS)

Mark C. Mason mark at edt.com
Tue Nov 4 01:08:51 CET 2014

We are working with both vanilla Coreboot and Sage's BSP version of
Coreboot,
and we stumbled upon the fact that the system clock is running 20-30% slow.

This does not occur when booting from the original AMI BIOS.
We are running both CentOS 6.4 and Ubuntu 14.04 versions of Linux.

To reproduce, run "sleep 10" and time it with a stopwatch.  Our timings
indicate about 12.2 seconds when booting from either vanilla or Sage BSP
Coreboot.

I've searched the Coreboot mailing list archives (and google), but I
don't see anything.

Does anyone know anything about this?  I'll start looking at the code,
but any help
will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mark Mason