[coreboot] Linux-kernel as payload

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 17:54:14 CEST 2014

As of last week, I am booting a bzimage+initramfs combination just
fine. bzimage will be fine.

It's a good idea to set the command line args, and I recomment, for testing
console=ttyS0,115200 earlyprintk=ttyS0,115200,keep

Your best bet is to do the standard trivial initramfs with a simple program:
main(){printf("hi\n"); while (1);}

Let's pretend it's called mymain.c
cc -o mymain -static mymain.c

put that in your prototype root file system with the name init. make
sure you create /dev/console. Then bundle it all up with cpio and
you've got an initramfs

I can start some notes on the wiki if you're still stuck.

ron