[coreboot] Bay trail and SATA legacy IDE mode

Berth-Olof Bergman bo.bergman at winzenttech.com
Fri Feb 6 10:06:42 CET 2015

Hi all,

Has anyone run a Bay Trail SOC in SATA legacy IDE mode?
It doesn’t work on my boards, even though I have identical settings of the PCI configuration space as AMI and Phoenix BIOS.
The port works, but the IRQs are wrong polarity. Thus when issuing a command, I don’t get an interrupt.
If I read the IDE status register (alternate or main) I get an interrupt. As reading the IDE status register, negates interrupt, I get the high level edge as the polarity is inverted.

Can you verify if IDE legacy mode works for Bay Trail with correct?

Best regards,

B-O Bergman
Winzent Technologies