[coreboot] updating coreboot && SeaBIOS on an Acer C720

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Feb 8 20:03:38 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm new to this list and do not even know if it is the right place to
ask my question. So please be patient and/or forgive me.

I'm running FreeBSD 11-HEAD on an Acer C720 Chromebook, booting directly
into SeaBIOS. I'm facing seldom (let's say once a week with 12h++
uptime per day) problems of complete power-off of the device. I.e. the
problem is not related to ChromeOS (because it is not running anymore in
my C720) and perhaps unrelated to FreeBSD (because I see with Google
Linux users with the same problem).

Before returning the C720 to Acer, which perhaps say "we can not
reproduce" your problem, I wanted to check if the problem is related to
changes or bugs in coreboot or in SeaBIOS. I git'ed out both, but can't
see any lists or release notes of fixed issues.

My C720 says about version of BIOS: SeaBIOS ver.  20131001_113210-build123-m2,
and about coreboot:

BIOS Information
        Vendor: coreboot
        Version:
        Release Date: 08/13/2014
        ROM Size: 8192 kB
        Characteristics:
                PCI is supported
                PC Card (PCMCIA) is supported
                BIOS is upgradeable
                Selectable boot is supported
                ACPI is supported
                Targeted content distribution is supported
        BIOS Revision: 4.0
        Firmware Revision: 0.0

Thanks in advance for any pointers to related information, esp. to lists
of fixed issues or release notes.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
La referencia de la Duma a la anexión de la RDA, en este caso al contrario con la Crimlía sin