[coreboot] T400 screen issue / EDID handling

kroms at posteo.be kroms at posteo.be
Fri Jul 3 16:27:32 CEST 2015

Hello,

I allready contacted Francis from libreboot and he forwared me to this
list, because it seems to be an issue regarding coreboot.

I have flashed a Lenovo T400 with libreboot.

The T400 has an Intel GPU and I am able to use it with an external
display connected to the onboard vga-port.

The issue is, that I can't use the internal display, which is an
1440x900 Samusung LTN141WD-L05, EDID dump:

https://paste.debian.net/plainh/b3699c60

It seems like the internal screen is powered on while booting but it
stays black.

Francis assumes that this is due to bugs in how coreboot handles the
EDID.

Here is an EDID dump of a working display:

http://paste.debian.net/plainh/776705d5

Anyone is able to help?

Thanks in advance!