[coreboot] coreboot with GRUB2 for ARM Chromebook (veyron_jaq)

Martin Wohlert martin at b-root-force.de
Mon Dec 19 09:40:18 CET 2016

Looking through the web I found some posts about GRUB2 is not ARM
compatible, but GRUB2 2.02 has ARM support. Now I also found this
https://wiki.linaro.org/LEG/Engineering/Kernel/GRUB:

Both ARM and ARM64 are now supported in upstream GRUB - both are
available in the grub 2.02 betas, and included in several Linux
distributions. The ARM port supports U-Boot (but should shortly support
also UEFI), and the ARM64 port supports UEFI.

So officially u-boot and UEFI are supposed to work. But in the git
repository is also an arm_coreboot branch. But the make command always
fetches the HEAD branch which is 2.02 beta 3.

Maybe I need to edit the Makefile to use that arm_coreboot branch. Will
try that, but if anyone still has other ideas I will appreciate that.

Thanks
Martin