[coreboot] thinkpad t430s bios eeprom location

Anthony Martin ality at pbrane.org
Sat Jun 11 15:40:10 CEST 2016

I was able to find the EEPROM. It's a Winbond 25Q128BVEG WSON-8 on the
bottom side of the board next to the mSATA/mini-PCIe edge connector.

Getting to it requires completely disassembling the machine and flipping
over the mainboard. Quite annoying. Luckily, however, you don't have to
remove the heatsink and fan assembly.

arian <coreboot at semioptimal.net> once said:
> T420 also has an unpopulated header that can be used for flashing,
> does it exist in t430 too?
>
> https://semioptimal.net/T420-firmware-header.html

That looks nice. Unfortunately, I didn't see any unpopulated headers on
the T430s.

Iru Cai <mytbk920423 at gmail.com> once said:
> The flash chip of T430s can be in SOIC package or WSON package, maybe
> yours is a WSON chip.

You called it. :)

Also, what's the best way to attach to the WSON without desoldering it?
I don't really want to remove it but I will if necessary.

Cheers,
  Anthony