[coreboot] coreboot convention

Martin Roth gaumless at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 23:48:13 CET 2016

Greetings:

We are going to hold a 4 day coreboot convention in San Francisco, CA,
Monday June 13 - Thursday June 16. Google has agreed to host two very
nice conference rooms for those 4 days and we are also working to get
a block of rooms in a nearby hotel for a reasonable rate.

We plan for two days of talks structured talks, followed by two days
of informal discussion and classes. We will have the smaller room open
for hacking all four days. We'll provide flashing equipment and other
useful tools; let us know what you need.

There will be a fee for this convention - $250 for corporate employees
and $100 for students or individual contributors.  If this is an
issue, please let us know on the form and we'll work with you on a fee
waiver.

We have set up an outing on Tuesday night to the Long Now Foundation
for the first 40 paid registrations (Long Now has space limits) and
we're working on a visit to a local Hackerspace.

Whether you are part of the Open Source community, working for a
silicon vendor supporting coreboot already, or are just interested in
getting some hands on experience, our goal is to make this an
interesting and valuable meeting for all of us.  You are welcome to
present talk proposals and subject areas you think we should cover. We
will be having a talk on RISC-V from Andrew Waterman of SiFive,
classes by senior members of the community, and discussions on future
directions.

Please indicate your interest via this form: http://goo.gl/forms/f8uqHHFL2S.

  Additional information is available on the coreboot wiki:
https://www.coreboot.org/Coreboot_conference_San_Francisco_2016

Early registration closes May 1. We will send payment options when we
receive your registration.

We hope to see you there.

Thanks
Ron, Stefan, and Martin