[coreboot] Fwd: Aspirant for GSOC 2016 with coreboot for ARM64 qemu port

Furquan Shaikh furquan.m.shaikh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 09:27:01 CET 2016

IIRC, last I checked a while back, qemu did not have support for EL3 i.e.
it started booting directly in EL2 (need to onfirm this). But, I think a
good starting point would be to identify the current status of qemu arm64
support and see if qemu starts booting in EL3. All the coreboot arm64
infrastructure is currently based on the fact that all coreboot stages are
running in EL3. If that assumption is broken by qemu, then we would need to
make appropriate changes in coreboot arm64 infrastructure.

Additionally, it would be good to understand how to work with qemu i.e.
booting Linux on qemu-arm64, debugging with qemu, etc.

Hope that helps.

- furquan