[coreboot] [GSoC 2016] ROM-O-Matic project

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Thu Mar 17 21:08:15 CET 2016

On Wed, 09 Mar 2016 04:24:04 +0000
ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:

> yeah, we had something like this in the linuxbios days. I think you
> don't want to build it on demand, but rather have a bunch of
> pre-built images that are known good.
Once we get reproducible builds, we could:
1) Store an (SHA) hash of images in board-status.
2) Make the rom-o-matic build (with the board-status configs) and
   verify(checksums) the image of a known good state.

That would still not guarantee that the given image would work on every
variation of a given device[1], but that would still be better than the
current status today.