[coreboot] Lenovo X200 running Coreboot drains 3-4W more power than with Vendor BIOS

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Sun May 1 14:00:47 CEST 2016

Hi Daniel,

first thing: We never got to the deepest processor sleep states (C3, C4)
when we originally ported coreboot for the GM45 chipset. But we didn't
see a difference in power consumption back then on the Roda/RK9.

On 01.05.2016 00:55, Daniel Kulesz via coreboot wrote:
> No tweaking with powertop or such
This might not be a good idea: It's not always clear which power saving
options should be set by the firmware and which should be set by the os.
Anyway, I don't think it makes a big impact, but could you rerun your
measurements after `powertop --auto-tune`.

Nico