[coreboot] How to protect binary in flash chip? OTP?

Persmule persmule at gmail.com
Fri May 6 06:49:03 CEST 2016

DRM methods cannot "protect" anything. They can only do harm to end users.

For example, I believe end users have the right to back up the content of the flash chip, in order to reflash it back once the content of the flash gets broken, just as we do when developing coreboot, which will become impossible if copy protection is applied.

As you have said, the problem seems only lying between you and some hardware vendors. I suggest you not let it harm end users of your code.

Please forgive my arrogence, but please, do not harm end users.