[coreboot] grub as payload: Where to put the grub.cfg?

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Wed Nov 9 10:19:13 CET 2016

Hi Philipp,

On 09.11.2016 09:46, Philipp Stanner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently busy making cb+grub running. While I can boot successfully
> (qemu) using the grub-shell I of course want to automatize this process.
>
> But how and where do I have to put the grub.cfg file? The wiki doesn't
> include much informations about this.
>
> I would appreciate if someone could help me :)

it's indeed not very obvious. There should be a grub.cfg in the grub
image, that just points to the next in cbfs at "/etc/grub.cfg". That's
where you should put yours, like that:

  build/cbfstool build/coreboot.rom add -t raw -n etc/grub.cfg -f
your-grub.cfg

Nico

PS. My (cbfs)/etc/grub.cfg contains just another pointer:

configfile (ahci0,1)/grub/grub.cfg