[coreboot] Nothing hdmi displayed on FT3B-LC

Grigore Lupescu grigore at arista.com
Thu Nov 17 18:10:39 CET 2016

Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you for your suggestions. The actual thing that did the trick was
setting the display framebuffer graphics resolution to something (e.g.
1024x768 64k, some other combinations also work). I think the other
settings (e.g. VGA BIOS) were already set by setting the board (amd
ft3b-lc).

At this point though I have another problem. I have set GRUB2 as payload
(2.02 beta3, latest version HEAD) and it appears that the console buffer
and/or video buffer have an overflow problem - when I fill up the screen
i.e. big output (or progressive newline output) GRUB restarts.

Problem is any command I run will most likely fill up the screen and GRUB
will restart. I suspect that even booting Linux determines GRUB to restart
because of this.

1. Is this a known issue ? (overflow on GRUB cli screen)
2. Could I avoid not getting screen outputs from GRUB ?
3. Can Coreboot give me info on the GRUB crash on the display ? (being it
is the only way to interact)

Thank you,
Grigore