[coreboot] chat.coreboot.org is on

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Jan 7 16:54:31 CET 2017

Hello Zoran,

I think a forum is too time-consuming to be useful. A forum makes sense
if you have volunteers with too much spare time like the various Linux
distributions.

A forum also means you need moderators to handle takedown requests,
complaints from users and other stuff. If you take a look at most
forums, you will notice that people add their signature (with lots of
smileys and useless info) to each post and the signal/noise ratio gets
really bad after some time.

There is also the danger that all forum contents will be lost if we ever
migrate from one forum software to another or if the server with the
forum crashes/dies. With distributed mailing list archives, that is
really unlikely.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel