[coreboot] Question about PCIe separate reference clock

Predrag Vidic pvidic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 11:29:15 CET 2017

Hi Zheng,

Schematic is simple and OK. I assume you are trying to run Wolf
VPXxx-E8860-xxxx or similar GPU borad. You can't do much there if there is
a hardware problem but it is most possibly a software setup problem.

VPX does not have incomming clock so it is by default in async_clock mode.
The question is did you allowed that mode on the main board side?

Asynchronous clock mode is not default mode for a motherboard. Check if the
mode is allowed. Second, check if the other PCIe device can work on the
motherboard PCIe slot.

Regards,
Predrag