[coreboot] 8 GB DIMMs on Nehalem (Arrandale)

Andrey Korolyov andrey at xdel.ru
Sat Jan 28 15:01:09 CET 2017

> The chipset in the (QC version of the) W510 is actually exactly the same as
> in the X201 and T410s: Ibex Peak.

But CPUs we are looking at *are* actually different - scale-down could
mean an exposure of a previously unaccounted design issue which
actually prevented 32nm CPU 'upgrade' to work reliably with >8G of
RAM... And AFAIR nobody ever reported to break official memory limits
within an entire family, I`ll be happy to know that this is not true.

Just to add .02c - DDR3 interposers from tek/futureplus are appearing
on ebay relatively frequently and for moderate price, so if someone
has will to spend some effort on this task, the analyzer coupled with
interposer could provide great help, with regard to unstable behavior
with a single 8G DIMM.