[coreboot] Suspend-to-RAM on Thinkpad X230

Gert Menke gert at menke.ac
Sun Mar 12 16:53:35 CET 2017

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply!

On 2017-03-12 13:08, Kyösti Mälkki wrote:
> We'll likely need coreboot debug logs. You can get one for normal boot
> using the tool under utils/cbmem, that might help us already. To
> collect log from failing S3 resume you need to learn about usbdebug
> and possibly get some FT232H or beaglebone hardware.

I'll attach the cbmem log, both for a clean boot and a boot that happens
instead of the expected resume.

It's likely I already have all I need for USB debugging at home; I will
check when I get home tomorrow. Is it simply a serial console via FTDI?

> Also check ifdtool -d output. S3 resume requires host CPU has write
> access to the part of SPI flash where MRC cache is located.

It should be okay; I unlocked all regions using ifdtool. And flashrom
can write the whole 12MB without problems. ifdtool -d does not mention
anything about MRC cache, though; I'll attach that, too.

Gert