[coreboot] Coreboot wiki: what license is the content under?

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Thu Mar 16 20:27:38 CET 2017

Hi folks,

I have looked at a number of pages on the Coreboot wiki, though not all of them.

None of the pages I have looked at mentioned the license (if any)
under which their content is available.

My understanding is that means that much (maybe all) of the
documentation in the Coreboot wiki is proprietary (at least, in the
overwhelming majority of jurisdictions). IANAL, though.

If my understanding is incorrect, please could you point me towards
information that should correct it?

Alternatively, it would be great if Coreboot could license the
documentation in the wiki under one or more free culture licenses:
https://freedomdefined.org/Licenses

Ideally, Coreboot would dual-license the content under the GFDL and CC
BY-SA 3.0, making the content entirely license compatible with content
from Wikipedia and from the Stack Exchange network of websites.

Thanks,

Sam