[coreboot] Maintain boot order for multiple EFI based OS

Matt DeVillier matt.devillier at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 09:52:35 CET 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 6:26 PM, <Sibi.Rajasekaran at dell.com> wrote:

> For your question, takes around 26 seconds from power On till Tianocore
> execute completion. Looking at reducing this boot time.

Sibi, if you're not using mrc cache for RAM training, that's likely
contributing 10s or so at least.  Have you enabled coreboot timestamps and
used cbmem to examine time to payload execute?  Also, building Tianocore in
debug (vs release) mode adds a bit of time as well due to the volume of
serial output.  I use coreboot + Tianocore on Baytrail N28xx/29xx (though
not with FSP) and normal boot (after RAM training) with a release payload
is on the order of 2s, with coreboot taking about 6-700ms of that.