[coreboot] Coreboot wiki: what license is the content under?

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Thu Mar 30 17:27:05 CEST 2017

The wiki is mostly dead, its data mostly useless. Whatever we'll build
as its replacement can start with a new, clear license system, and
wiki content is either relicensed by its author and then ported over
or deleted/rewritten.

I'd go with CC-BY for the simple reason that documentation acts as
marketing material which should see the widest distribution possible.
People who dislike licensing their content that freely can publish
elsewhere and set up a (CC-BY'd) link.

In any case, we can (and IMHO should) decouple the discussions about
dealing with current content and about future licensing.

Patrick
--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg