[flashrom] flashrom 0.9.1 soon

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 12 03:13:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'd like to tag flashrom 0.9.1 soon.
Preliminary release announcement is here:
http://www.coreboot.org/Flashrom/0.9.1
The release announcement will be transferred to flashrom.org at the time
of release.

Patches I'd like to have in 0.9.1:

Acked with modifications, commit needed:
- fix MSR code in flashrom

Ack needed:
- Use correct programmer fallback functions
- Improve error messages, protect the user

TODO:
- Don't list programmers which weren't compiled in. This means #if
inside the usage message and in a lot of other places. Makefile tweaking
needed as well.
- Don't error out if chipset initialization returned with a warning.
- Document serprog usage in the man page.
- Loads of testing.

I hope to get the pending patches listed above committed tomorrow, then
tag 0.9.1-rc1 to give packagers a base to work with and test.

No new features will be merged between 0.9.1-rc1 and 0.9.1. (I do have
one neat new SPI bitbang feature pending, but that one has to wait as
well.) I'd rather get 0.9.1 out before the Opensuse package update
deadline. That means we also make the Ubuntu Karmic deadline.

Thoughts? Comments?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--