[flashrom] new flashchip support for flashrom program information

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Aug 18 18:29:14 CEST 2009

On 18.08.2009 12:39, nanotonne at free.fr wrote:
> mainboard : ASUS A7V133
> chip flash memory : MOSEL V29C51002T (text writed on chip and reported by
> awflash utility)

This chip is identical to the Syncmos S29C51002T. Mosel Vitelic is the
parent company of Syncmos.

> aparently this chip similar model as "SyncMOS S29C51002T" from your website
> because i can read  fully with flashrom utility but i can't flash it.

The S29C51002T is supported and tested and because your chip is
identical, it is supported as well.

> documentation mainboard is here :
> http://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/kt133a/a7v133/a7v133-105.pdf
>
> documentation chip rom  is here :
> http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/mosel/V29C51002T.pdf

Thanks, I just downloaded it and your chip is already supported.

> thank to add support of this chip , and too add option for flashrom program to
> force writing with a "similar chip" (know as compatible after research) when
> chip is manually defined.

Sorry, I will not do that because too many people used "force" in the
past and killed their flash chips.

Please send full output of
"flashrom -V"
to the list so I find out why it does not work for you. Thanks.

> note : project  coreboot is good, but support for usb disk for boot it and
> keyboard/mouse usb not supported is a big lack to "switch" to this alternative
> open firmware :-( ...

USB disk boot support and USB keyboard support is almost complete and
will be released in the next few days.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--