[flashrom] Support for HP Compaq 6820s laptop

apricot053 at gmail.com apricot053 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 16:39:32 CEST 2010

Hello Andrew,

In my case it contains what seems to be a windows dll (begins with MZ and
contains "This program cannot be run in DOS mode etc..."), doesn't look like a
bootblock. I found out that it could somehow be linked with slic 2.1, a
feature used to transparently validate Windows on OEMs. Sorry no jumper in
sight on my laptop. But HP flash upgrades (and doesn't downgrade) that zone
indeed.
Anyway not reflashing that zone doesn't seem do make any problem when flashing
another bios version.
Thanks for your interest.

Best regards,
Julius