[SeaBIOS] Does SeaBIOS support eMMC?

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Mon Jan 11 14:57:03 CET 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 08:29:48AM +0000, Scheithauer, Mario wrote:
> Hello Together,
>
> I play with coreboot and SeaBIOS on a BayTrail platform. We have an 8GB eMMC flash on the board.
> With that combination I can boot a Lubuntu.
> It seems that the current version of SeaBIOS does not support High-speed eMMC.
> Could someone say something about that?
> Are there some activities to expand sdcard.c for eMMC bus initialisation?

Several people have confirmed that SeaBIOS works with their eMMC
devices.  The code is somewhat new, so it's possible it got confused
with something in your hardware.  To investigate, we need to see the
full debug log.  With coreboot this is usually accomplished with
either a serial adaptor or via the "cbmem -c" command.

  http://www.seabios.org/Debugging

-Kevin