[BIOS] hot plug / cold plug

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Apr 21 12:06:01 CEST 2004

On 21 Apr 2004, Mathieu Deschamps wrote:

> 	Well, I've just gone to their internet site a few minute ago.
> 	But you know now it has gone farther than a simple question a
> 	harm. It's a question of safety, and of comfort

the tradeoff is money. If you don't have money, you have to go this route.
I don't see any way out.

> 	I alone surely not ! If the demand exists the offer will
> 	except if them, don't want it, but why would they ?.

You can try. In my experience, with them punching out millions of these
boards a month, they won't want to spend any money/time on a design change
that will compromise the board (as this jumper would).

> 	I'll go hot pluging because i've now understood
> 	there's no other alternative.

yeah, I'm sorry.

ron