Opteron / Tyan motherboard fault on boot.

Dave Belfer-Shevett dbs at stonekeep.com
Fri Aug 20 11:10:01 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 19:29, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> mkelf-linux does not know how to bypass the BIOS calls so
> it will not work under LinuxBIOS.
> Please get mkelfImage 2.5
> ftp://ftp.lnxi.com/pub/mkelfImage.

Thanks Eric, but I think the problem is deeper than this.

I just tried to start Linuxbios on the machine, with no network cable,
no drives, no nothing.  It starts up, comes to the Boot from (N)etwork
(D)isk (F)loppy or (Q)uit.

I hit 'Q' here.

And I get LinuxBIOS- [date date] starting...
Unknown Trwt

So this is happening way before the image is even downloaded.

I'm experiencing other problems with this bios image as well.  I can't
boot of hard drive or off floppy, it justs, for [D]isk boot  "probing
pci disk [IDE] LBA48mode, disk-1...
Searching for image...
Probing pci disk...
Probing isa disk...
Boot from (N)etwork...

When I replace the BIOS chip back with the AMI original image, I'm able
to boot from floppy without a problem.

So, my next step is to rebuild my linuxbios image, and flash it again...
but... it appears that cvs.sourceforge.net is down.  Does anyone have a
recent checkout of the CVS tree I can wget or ftp?  Please IM or mail

Dave Belfer-Shevett \  Conference Management Solutions \ Stonekeep
dbs at stonekeep.com    \    http://www.stonekeep.com      \ Consulting