linux kernel patch

Gin ginlin at
Thu Oct 14 03:45:01 CEST 2004

Hello David,
Thanks for your quick response. Do you know where I can get the latest
linuxbios source code(freebios2)? Call me crazy, but I couldn't seem
able to find it through SourceForge.

-----Original Message-----
From: linuxbios-admin at
[mailto:linuxbios-admin at] On Behalf Of David Hendricks
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 4:08 PM
To: linuxbios at
Subject: Re: linux kernel patch

We appreciate your interest in the project! As I recall, the patches
were just something for some SiS chipset support in older LinuxBIOS
versions (freebios1). Since then, LinuxBIOS has advanced to include more
generic chipset support that does not require kernel patches.

The current LinuxBIOS (freebios2) will work without patches to your

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:34:13 +0800
"Gin" <ginlin at> wrote:

> Hello Ron,
> I don't' know if you are still working on this project since it's 2004
> now. I just finished a presentation of Linuxbios at work. We are
> highly interested in getting linuxbios running on our systems(we
> design motherboards). I have a question about the way you do the
> kernel patch. If the patch is to initialize the uninitialized hardware
> in order to run linux. Then why didn't we add it into the C code. Let
> it become part of linuxbios rom image? Furthermore, why do you have
> different patches for different linux kernel versions?
> Sorry if the questions are too basic. We just started trying to get it
> built.
> Thanks,
> Gin
Linuxbios mailing list