[LinuxBIOS] BIOS Saver RD1

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 21:42:19 CEST 2005

On 8/12/05, yhlu <yinghailu at gmail.com> wrote:
> you are right.
>
> 1. download image to burner buffer, NON USB need to 5s..., USB may only need 1s.
> 2. issue command to burn from buffer to flash. .... burner need 30s,
> flash_rom need 10s.

Ok.. So its the _device_ then thats non-optimal.  A usb2 device may or
may not be of any use.

We have a Batronix USB programmer.  It has a windows only interface
that really sucks.

I've been toying with writing a python cli for it.  Looking at the
windows program its obvious that the device downloads its frimware.
Each chip that is supported has its own firmware.  I've done a little
bit of looking and its some sort of EZ-usb setup.

I've haven't had the motivation but since you are asking about one I
will go back this weekend and look at harder.

If I can get some sort of cli for the batronix device it would be
really sweet.  Its a good little programmer but it just suffers from a
horrible software interface.  In fact, I've yet to use a  programmer
yet that I thought had interface worth a damn.

--
Richard A. Smith