[LinuxBIOS] EPIA-M Code

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Mon Jun 20 19:18:32 CEST 2005

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 03:44:39PM +0400, Anton Borisov wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:32:33 +0100
> Jonathan McDowell <noodles at earth.li> wrote:
> > How much memory is on your board? I think the RAM detection stuff is
>
> 	256 MB of RAM.
>
> > wrong and that's possibly causing FILO problems; from your
> > minicom.capped2.bz2:
> >
> > I would set ram size to 0x3fc000 Kbytes
>
> 	Should I learn about a new option inside Config.filo.lb?

No, that's in your log output; from line 223 in vt8623/northbridge.c

> > I've got a list of chipset registers the Award BIOS seems to twiddle, so
> > I might add those to the enable_mainboard function to see if that at
> > least gets us further.
>
> Well, this could help. Can you attach it?

I've attached a modified src/mainboard/via/epia-m/auto.c which sets all
the chipset registers from the Award table I extracted. I don't know if
it'll help or not though.

>I don't remember but it seems to me I've seen somewhere the CMOS map
>according to each LB decides which image to load "Normal" or
>"Fallback". Am I right?

I /think/ so; see do_normal_boot in src/pc80/mc146818rtc_early.c

J.

--
/-\                             | 101 things you can't have too much
|@/  Debian GNU/Linux Developer |      of : 39 - silver bullets.