[LinuxBIOS] VIA EPIA M10000 (Nehemiah) CentaurHauls Stepping 5 support status

Jun OKAJIMA okajima at digitalinfra.co.jp
Thu Nov 10 21:49:23 CET 2005

>> I'd like to know the exact support status of LinuxBIOS on VIA EPIA
>> M10000 (Nehemiah) CentaurHauls Stepping 5. I've seen messages (August
>> 2005) that say VGA is supported, and more recent threads that say it
>> isn't. So, what is supported by the mainstream LinuxBios v2 ? And what
>> is not yet?
>> Are these any patches around that could achieve better support?
>> All different messages I see are rather confusing ...
>
>	Textmode at exactly your version of EPIA is supported. ACPI subsystem is ok. Videomode
is limited to 320x240x8 or 640x480x4 (from my experience with EPIA-M 10K).

I feel I am facing same problem. Any solution? I have been using EPIA-MII 1.2GHz.
BTW, you tried both cold boot ( power off, wait a minite, then power on to boot)
and hot? boot( just push reset button).

As my experiment, cold boot does not work, but this way works.
1. you boot with normal bios.
2. switch a bios to lx2, with RD1 bios savior.
3. push reset button.

                          --- Okajima, Jun. Tokyo, Japan.