[LinuxBIOS] State of the buildrom

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Mon Dec 3 19:13:20 CET 2007

On 03/12/07 18:54 +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 10:41:11AM -0700, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> > > How about one environment variable that points to another file
> > > with options?
> >
> > Oh, I like it.  Lets make this happen.
> See mainboard() at line 1333 in util/newconfig/config.g.
> Does buildrom want to replace/amend Options.lb as well, or is it just
> Config.lb?

I would think that any configuration variable would be eligible to be
overriden.  Presumably illegal combinations would be rejected?

> Are we simply looking for a second call to doconfigfile() if a
> particular environment variable has been set?

I'm thinking so - the most important thing is that the override file
is the final word on the settings.

Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.